Website Content Overhaul
When you’re a freelancer or consultant, writing website content can feel like writing a cover letter for a job application. It’s that awkward experience of trying to show off your best traits without sounding like you’re bragging. It’s a tricky balance between just “being yourself” and wanting to say the “right things.” UGH. I've totally been there, and it sucks!
But you also know you just have to do it. Maybe you wrote some placeholder copy when you first launched your website a couple years ago, but you’re ready to take it to the next level. You know your current content isn’t serving you or your clients; in fact, it might be confusing them – or even frightening them away!
Together, we can review what you’ve got, identify what’s not working, and create some new content that you’re proud to share with the world. Through a series of one-on-one coaching calls, I’ll help you write website copy that converts visitors into high-quality clients.
- Six 60-minute coaching sessions (via phone) over 6 weeks
- Review and refinement of existing brand elements (mission statement, target market, elevator pitch, values, etc.)
- Help planning, drafting, and refining copy for 3-4 main static pages of your website (usually starting with Home, About, and Services)
- 3 hours of copy editing and proofreading services for the content you draft
- SEO guidance regarding keyword research, metadata, ideas for future landing pages, and other optimization tips
- Unlimited email support between sessions
- Referrals (as needed) to my network of web designers, developers, photographers, social media experts, and other specialists
- Call recordings (so you can listen to our calls again whenever you want)
- Wrap-up emails after each call summarizing key points and outlining next steps (I take lots of notes so you don’t have to!)
- Worksheets and other resources (like article and podcast recommendations) hand-picked just for you
Package Investment: $1499 (payment plans available)
Is this what you’re looking for?
You want a website that you’re actually proud of instead of one that makes you want to hide under your desk in embarrassment.
You want to update, focus, or overhaul your website content based on what you’ve learned so far about your clients, your strengths, and your long-term goals.
You want someone to provide accountability as you develop your content so you can finally get this project done.
You want a second pair of eyes to review what you write and check for clarity, style, grammar, and typos – and to make sure your copy supports your brand and goals.
You want to win more clients with website content that answers their questions, expresses your true value, clearly explains your offerings, and tells your story.
You want a springboard for other marketing activities. This starts with website content that’s strategic and purposeful.
You’re ready to add a new skill to your business toolbox. You know that content writing can help take your business to the next level, and it’s a skill you’re ready to learn.
You want strategic feedback on your content, not just conflicting input from random friends and colleagues.
You want a renewed sense of purpose and energy in your work so you can kick even more ass.
Sound familiar? If so, I'd love to help you make these strides in your business.
First, we’ll review your existing branding elements (mission statement, target market, etc.) and make sure they’re ship-shape. Next, we’ll discuss SEO and do some keyword research to make sure we’re talking about your business in the same way your clients are.
Then, we’ll dive into writing the copy. I help my clients take a step back and get a fresh perspective. Instead of writing what we think people want to hear, we work from a different place by asking questions like: what problem do you help your clients solve? What is the deepest reason for why you do the work you do? What’s your unique story?
Each week your homework will be to draft a page of your website, and then I’ll provide feedback, guidance, and copy editing to help make it sparkle and ensure that it reflects your brand. Finally, if time remains, we can brainstorm content ideas for landing pages, blog posts, and other longer-term content plans.
My goal is that in two quick months, you’ll have completed, powerful, authentic website copy that your web designer can plop into your site. (And if a designer/developer is something you need, I can refer you to someone in my amazing network.)
This package is a good fit if you...
- Already have your foundational branding elements in place (i.e. you feel confident describing your target market, mission, values, elevator pitch, etc.) but need help translating this into website content. If you need help developing those branding elements first, check out my Brand Clarity package.
- Know your website content needs a major upgrade, but you’re having trouble making it a priority among all the other things on your to-do list.
- Have outdated website content that you wrote years ago; it explains more about what you used to do or are most comfortable doing, instead of what you want to be doing.
- Have website content that you’re ashamed of. You cringe every time you look at it, and you get nervous when you hear that a potential client has visited your site.
- Have website content that’s a hodgepodge of inconsistent messaging that’s been pieced together over time – and now resembles Frankenstein!
- Have tried writing your own website copy but you freeze up when faced with that blank page. You agonize over every word, and you’re struggling with how to describe yourself and your business without sounding vain or boring.
- Are feeling pulled in a lot of different directions when it comes to writing about your business. You have a lot of ideas, but aren’t sure how to focus them and get them down on paper.
- Aren’t sure how much of your story you should tell, or how to tell it in a way that’s most relevant to your audience.
- Aren’t sure how much content your website should even have, or how to organize it. How many pages? How many words per page? What goes where?
- Know that SEO is important, but have no idea where to begin to optimize your website – especially since the rules change all the time!
- Have a vague sense that your website content is missing something, but you’re not sure what.
You’ll get the most out of this package if you are:
- A solo entrepreneur who’s running a service-based business (i.e. a freelancer or consultant).
- Working in a field that’s crowded (i.e. you have lots of competition) or difficult to explain.
- Ready to go into “2.0” mode because you’ve been in business for a few years and have a good understanding of your clients’ needs and your own strengths.
- Not terrified of writing. You don’t have to be the best writer in the world, but if you absolutely hate writing, you should probably outsource it.
- Excited to have an outside perspective on the work you do.
- Ready to be challenged and pushed to think deeper and more personally about your business than you ever have before.
- Committed to doing a couple hours of “homework” each week in between our calls.
I'd love to help you write amazing website content, so you can kick even more ass in your business!
Click the button below to contact me, and we'll schedule a free 30-minute discovery call
to see if this package might be a good fit for you.